This rainy season has come with a lot of surprises like the flood which are and have been experiencing in parts of Port Harcourt and even Lagos. If you have concerns or worries about steps to be taken on how to maintain your car during this period, you don't have to worry much as we have brought for you steps to follow to keep your car in great shape all through the rainy season. Follow any of the links as you read through to get the best prices for your car parts.
1. Wash it regularly: Washing your car regularly will help you keep it in good condition especially the exterior. The best thing you can ever do to keep the paint work and metallic body in good condition is to rinse off the heavy deposit of sand and mold from it by giving it a wash.
2. Maintain your wheels (Tires): During raining season, vehicles are prone to slide uncontrollable on wet road surface, this could be as a result of different road surface, speed or the depths on the tires, to avoid this, it becomes a necessity for your car tires even the spare one to be at their best by making sure they are properly inflated to the manufacture’s specific pressure and always check for tear or wear to ensure save ride.
3. Make sure your wipers are working fine: Your windshield wipers will be doing extra work during this period, as it plays a very crucial role during the rainy season, ensuring for clearer visibility in a very acute weather condition. So replacing the worn out blades on the wiper will help prepare the car for rainy season.
4. Spray the underneath and body with anti-rust: To avoid the underneath of your car from rusting you have to spray it with anti-rust to prevent it from getting rust, as well as the body whenever you spot any form of rust.
5. Flush the radiator and change the oil filter: Make sure you flush the cells of your radiator regularly and change the radiator coolant, as well as the oil filter to avoid blockage by dirt and mold from the road.
6. Make sure the lights are working fine: Always observe and make sure the headlight and taillight of your car are working fine, especially the brake light. Not only to light up the road but to also prevent other car drivers from hitting your car from the back.
7. Functioning brake: Aside from the tires attached to the wheel of your car, another prominent part of the car to keep at the very best condition is the brake attached to the wheels of the car. It’s really important to check the brake pads and other components attached to it to make sure they are sharp and working effectively to avoid accident.
8. Avoid driving through huge pool of water: Driving through a huge pool of water or mold could affect the electrical connection and put your car in a very critical condition as well as endanger the Brain box especially if it’s closer to the floor.
9. Service your car when due: You don’t have to wait until your car start giving signs or break down before you service it. Servicing your car regularly will help to keep the engine of your car in good and healthy condition, as well as avoid cost engine repair.
10. Get a rubber foot mat and chair case: To maintain the beauty of the interior of your car which includes the chairs and rouge, all you have to do is buy a rubber foot mat and chair case to prevent it from getting wet by you or other passengers, which could sometimes make the inside of the car stink.
11. Efficient battery: During rainy season its best to make sure you have an efficient and strong battery in your car. This could help prevent your car from breaking down when you drive through a large pull of water and make sure the battery caps are intact to avoid water from getting to them.
12. Check your engine belt: check the belts attach to the engine of your car regularly for any form of tear, wear or tension to avoid your car from breaking down when it cuts.
13. Vacuum the Interior: Always vacuum the interior of your car often make sure they are clean. The interior of the car is the main beauty of the car, so always make sure the airbag, car stereo, chair and other components of the interior are regularly cleaned to make it look attractive.
14. Check the fluids: Apart from the engine oil check and make sure other fluids such as the brake oil, engine coolant, power steering fluid, windshield water fluid and other fluids in the car are up to the prescribed gauge.
15. Check the windows: check the windows of your car for any form of crack replace the broken one and always remember to wind up the glass when it’s rainy to avoid the interior from getting drenched by the rain.
Curled from thenationonlineng